Friday, June 15, 2007

Prayer Request

Ethan Powell went in for his two month check up on February 6, 2007 and was diagnosed with cancer. He ended up being airlifted to Memphis, Tennessee immediately and was given a 15% chance of survival. However, he has successfully overcame multiple hurdles so far, and Monday, he will be going in for a bone marrow transplant. This is one of the biggest days yet for this family and could possibly be the turning point in their terrible journey over the past few months. Ethan and his parents worship at University church of Christ in Shreveport, LA. You may visit his website at www.ethanpowell.com (The site is updated at least once a day.) Please be sure to keep the Powell Family in your prayers and add them to your prayer list at church.

2 comments:

Granna said...

Can you believe that I found this story on U-Tube the other day. I had no idea they were Christians, but I was drawn to the beautiful photos. Weird that in the whole world of the internet I would have found this story, when I seldom even have the opportunity to get on anything with speed high enough for viewing anything on the tube.

Katie said...

I have been looking at his website. They have had this little boy on the prayer list at A'ville. So sad! If you want to make a trip to camp this week, let me know. If you don't know my phone # email me and I will give it to you. (katiebug_1023@yahoo.com)