Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Well, they say I'm boring...

...and it could be true. The kids at school asked me the other day, "Do you smoke, drink, or cuss?" I was delighted when they asked the question because I was able to respond proudly with a big, fat.. NO. Well, I politely said,"No I sure don't." My eighth graders were thrilled by the idea and encouraged. However, the older kids replied with, "YOUR BORING!!!" I replied this time with a big grin and a thank you! To me, I'll take that as a compliment (from a tenth or eleventh grader any day.) I say that to say, I've had absolutely nothing to post about. Perhaps, I really am boring.

We close on our house on Friday. I haven't started packing thing. (No, Daniel hasn't either, and I don't believe it's in my near future.) I guess I should get busy on that. *Sigh*

Today is Kim's birthday, and I'd like to tell her Happy Birthday. I don't get the opportunity to visit or talk to her (or Katie) often. However, I truly care for them and would do anything for them. I hope they know this. When I do get to visit with them, I strive to chase kiddos around so that maybe (for a few brief seconds), they can sit down and relax without having a worry in the world. And.... If you ask me, the kids are quite fun to chase around! There are many days while I'm at work when I think, I wish I were able to go see the kids rather than eating cafeteria food or teaching integers. (Not that I don't love my job...) I say that to say, I think of you (Katie and Kim) everyday. Thank you for the nieces and nephew (I wouldn't have any without you two!).

I'm taking a class at JSU on Tuesday nights. It's an education class (the one where you write like seven page lesson plans) ugh!! But, surprisingly I l love the class. It's ALMOST like therapy. (Very close to a Dr. Marc class for those who had him at Freed just an educational perspective instead of sociology/social work class) Nonetheless, I've not been able to attend some of Roebuck's youth events due to my class. That's where Daniel is tonight. He's actually waiting on someone who ran out of gas at the moment. The joys of youth ministry. The job is going great, and we love everything so far! It's been a true blessing.

I hope Mary's biopsy went well today. I haven't heard anything, but I assume we will hear something when it's public knowledge. In the meantime, I am in constant prayer for her wellbeing. Mary, we miss you and pray for you daily. Please take care of yourself and don't work too hard. We love you dearly!

Well, to have "nothing" to post about, I sure have rambled on and on. So, I hope all is well with you and your family. We love you each so much. Please be careful. Love, Mandi

5 comments:

Emily said...

Glad your back to blogging, missed you.

Rachel said...

Hey Mandi,

I posted a link to the book club blog on my blog. It has the first months selection, etc. We won't meet for the first time until December but all the details will be on there so check often. Thanks a bunch and congrats on the new house!

Kim said...

Thanks for the birthday wishes! The house is beautiful from the outside. Can't wait to see the inside!

Jazz said...

Hey Mandi! Your not boring!!! you live with daniel!!!! lol!! love yall

Paul said...
This comment has been removed by the author.