Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Chocolate Oatmeal Candy, Christmas Music, Old School Ninetendo,

As you read my title of this blog, you might wonder what in the world these things have in common... Let me explain.

As I travelled my 55 mile or 70 minute commute this morning, something caught my eye- a bright orange tree. How many times in life will you see an orange tree? Even during this time of year, it's very unique. Autumn is my favorite time of year this year. I love watching the leaves change and wave in the wind. I love waking up and opening the front door. It's like a special suprise just for me. What color will the trees be today? I am just now getting old enough to appreciate the changing leaves. I use to think it was weird to appreciate leaves changing colors. I just saw it as someting that happened, but this year it's so much different. Perhaps I'm growing up.

I have also been listening to Christmas music a lot today. One of my favorite Christmas songs is "These Are a Few of My Favorite Things".

Here are the opening lyrics of the song:
Raindrops on roses, And whiskers on kittens, Bright copper kettles, And warm woolen mittens, Brown paper packages, Tied up with strings, These are a few of my favorite things . . .

The combination of these two occurences made me think of other small things in life like the things listed in my subject of this blog. The items in my title are little things in life that I truly enjoy. A few of my other favorite things are getting mail especially for me, carving a pumpkin, tomato sandwiches, finger painting, baking cookies, seeing someone I truly love that isn't family, a clean car, an afternoon nap, a crackling fire, and bubble bathes.

What are "A Few of Your Favorite Things"? I hope you have a safe Holiday Season and enjoy the leaves changing!!!

4 comments:

Granna said...

What a nice post...you and Daniel are some of my most wonderful things!

Katie said...

I like a lot of your favorite things. Hannah laughing, snuggling with Hannah watching Elmo :0), a shower without anyone bothering me, family! Hope you have a great day. I guess we will see you on Thanksgiving. Love you.

Emily said...

The only tree in my yard that is not pine, is orange as we speak, and has been for awhile which means tomorrow it may not be. I, too, have been enjoying the changing leaves this autumn-vocabulary word for my students this week.
A few of my favorite things are, my husband, family, friends, my dad's peanut brittle, my mom's homemade pizza, christmas music (the Chipmunk's Christmas album is my favorite!)

Kim said...

Christmas music has to be close to the top of my list too! And I'll second Katie on the shower without interruption!