Friday, June 20, 2008

Have you seen this around town?

Images from Google Images; Search for Smart Car

Mom and I went to Lowe's Wednesday to get a new sink for her house. Well, we parked at the garden entrance and did our thing. When we returned about an hour later, this THING was parked beside us!! Mom said, "Mandi, come here! What is it??" My first thought was an UDO (Unidentified Driving Object). Nonetheless and still unsure myself, I looked at the "logo" on the back so that I could come home and Google it! You can tell by the second photo how "large" or lack thereof that the size of this 'automobile' is truly remarkable/awkward. I'm still freaked out by the whole car and it's freedom to roam the roads because I'm scared I'd run right over and think I'd only hit a McDonald's drink cup! Not to mention this gives David's old clown car some real room to brag! Come to find out, it's called a smart car. You'd think this thing would get good gas mileage. On one review I read, it only got 32! Daniel's car gets that!!
It is also so narrow you'd never have to parallel park again. You can just back up to the curb and park! It is manufactured by Mercedes and is only 8 feet, 2.5 inches long, less than 5 feet wide and about 5 feet tall. I think I'll invest in a mutual fund or Roth IRA before I buy one of these...

Just for fun...

1 comment:

David Courington said...

You should get a Toyota Echooooooo-