Thursday, September 25, 2008

We've been googled...

On Wednesday nights we eat supper at church. We always have great food and fellowship, (and it's cheap!) Nonetheless, Brother Jerry Jenkins sat down with us last night at supper and one of the old secretaries at the church. We were talking about when she was interviewed and all that good stuff. Before long Brother Jenks said something to the effect that he had googled Daniel when we were interviewed for the Youth Minister's position. I was a bit stunned but the conversation continued. THEN... He looked at me and said, "And I found your website!" Side Note: Now, this is the second time this has happened by chance!! I was struggling desperately the words to say at this point. I didn't want to say, 'So what'd you think?" That'd be like openign can of worms for any topic to come out. So, I sat speechless as you can imagine. He continued to on by saying, "It was a good website, and YOU STILL GOT THE JOB!" So, maybe the website was a good thing. Who knows. Brother Jenkins and everyone at Roebuck, if you are still reading around, you owe me a comment! Only kidding, I grant you reading rights Besides, you're no longer a stranger so you're 'allowed' to read it at this point!

3 comments:

Granna said...

You never know who is watching- or reading!

Kim said...

lol that's pretty funny!

Katie said...

I am glad that he didn't find what I found when I googled you. Hee-Hee - just kidding! I am glad that you guys are enjoying Roebuck Pkwy. We hope to see you really soon.