Wednesday, September 10, 2008

They said we'd be busy...

...and they weren't lying. We started at Roebuck Parkway this week and have been running nonstop. I am also taking a class on Tuesday nights in Jacksonville. Our schedules have proven to be difficult, but we have truly enjoyed all the new opportunities we've been presented. We leave Friday for R.U.S.H. at Freed (where we attended college). This is an event I've been wanting to attend since I went to school there. For some reason, I couldn't go when we were in school up there. Nonetheless, I am looking forward to a great weekend with the kids and getting to know them better! I will post some pictures when we return and try to update more often.

Daniel loves being back in Birmingham (I've been trying to tell him for a year now!!) and loves his job. We're still working out the details such as days off and number of events a week (it can be a bit daunting at times not knowing the details), but I think it will all work out fairly in the end.

Our house is on the market, and we're hoping for a quick sale. My heart is a bit sad to be selling my childhood home but more than that 'our' first place. I've lived there since I was seven!! I know every nook, creek, and shadow like no one's business. Here is a link to our house (thats for sale) and you can see pictures also!! Who knows maybe I'll sell it on my blog, ha!

6 comments:

Granna said...

If you sell it yourself, do you get a "bird-dog" fee?
I know you all are busy bees. I am glad you are enjoying it. Things will settle once you know the routine and learn everyone.

Paul said...

I offer you a dollar for the house, take it or leave it.

Just kidding. Good luck!

Emily said...

Well I guess we'll be seeing ya'll at Freed! we're taking the kids from Sylvan Springs! See you there! Good luck with house and Daniel's new job! I am happy for you guys!

Anita Lynn Tidwell said...

Hey Mandi Glad you guys are a little closer to Home, well home for Daniel anyway. I have a Question for you, does Roebuck Parkway have a wheelchair Van/Bus?

I have a student who lives in Eastlake, she has CP and is in a wheelchair (Well Duh)and at her dreamteam meeting she stated she wanted to goto church. And I thought of Roebuck Parkway.

Mandi said...

Lynn, yes they do! Call the church office and give them her name and information. They will set up everything. I'd say give it to me, but I don't want it posted on the internet! The church number is 833-1400. Thanks!!

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I love your house it is very very nice I wish it was a little closer to home. We are going to move in the near furture. I hope things are going well for Daniel and his new job. Just think things will get better for you all soon. Well take care and May God Bless you Both.