Friday, May 15, 2009

Photo Update!

I had quit updating because my computer would crash if I opened Internet Explorer. It also would take approximately 20 hours to load 1 photo onto blogger. So, Dan bought me a new computer!

Tippin got a hair cut today! Her hairballs (aka tumbleweeds) were beginning to drive us over the edge. She also seems to take f.o.r.e.v.e.r to dry when we wash her with long hair. She is so cute prancing and struttin all over the place!
Before
After
Daniel and I decided to get our hands dirty this past week and plan some flowers!! We also tore out part of the old flower bed that had been taken over by some unknown type of vine. We then laid pine bark mulch. It looks so colorful!
My new computer came today. It only took about 6 weeks from the time we ordered it. I wanted a neat color, it was worth the wait! The computer is smaller than my Bible!
Tonight we spent time with Tonya and David Hayes and Sarah Ridinger. We are very blessed to have so many friends now! I remember when our closest friends were twice our age!
Summer is only 9 short days away! (9 School Days.) I live by a August - May calendar. Also there are only 5 days in a week if you ask me. hehe.
I received tenure yesterday. It isn't effective until the last day of this school year. So, I have to behave for 9 more school days. I will continue to behave next year too though! I did rebel and wear sweat pants today. It was nice not feeling like I was committing some kind of terrible crime.
Daniel and I spent Spring Break at the beach with my family.
I am facing shoulder surgery this summer to remove a bone spur in my right (YES, i am right handed) shoulder. Not being able to wash my own hair for three weeks will be interesting! Please keep me in your prayers as I return to the doctor for the pre-op appointment/scheduling on June 1.
Yard sales are in full swing on the eastern side of Birmingham! I am ESTATIC! It is currently raining (and lightening). I hope the yard sales are still on for tomorrow!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey Mandy. Sorry to hear about your possible surgery. I wanted to make sure that you knew we were still doing the book club. I know you are so busy during the school year but if you have time this summer, it would be great to have you be a part.

Also, I was wondering what model of dell did you order? I'm thinking about ordering a new laptop. I know I want a Dell, I just can't decide which one.

Katie said...

YEAH for summer, BOO for surgery! Call me if you need anything. I will even wash your hair for you if you get too stinky! :0)