Friday, May 15, 2009

Dear Dooner,
Four years ago right now we were finishing finals at Freed, planning our wedding, and preparing to begin our lives together. I was so excited I couldn't help myself. I know we took a large risk, but the rewards are more than I could have ever imagined. Who knew in three short years, we would have moved four times, taught together for a year, learned to live on 1.5 paychecks, adopted a puppy, lived in my childhood home, purchased a home on our own, and worked with two wonderful congregations of the Lord's church. We've been busy. We're always busy, but we are always busy doing the work the of the church. We've made our own life and routines. While you do most of the cooking, I try to be as involved as possible at youth activities. This may not be everyone's life, but we've made it our happy life!
I love how you rarely get ill at me. I love how you never fuss when I don't get everything done I was suppose to get done. I also love how if I want to take a nap, you let me sleep. Most of all I love how you always put my needs and wants first.
In fourty years from now, I hope we are as happy, healthy, and blessed as we are today. However, I know that no matter what happens, we will always have each other. Therefore, I know I am a more understanding, loving, patient, and kind person as a result of marrying you. Thank you for choosing me.

Just because,
Mandi

1 comment: