Monday, January 4, 2010

Goodbye 2009, Hello 2010...

I cannot believe it has been ten years since Y2K! During 2009 we had many blessings...

January... I got to enjoy life settled into my new house. We had just finished decorating everything since we had celebrated Chrsitmas with my family at our new house. I remember the pride of ownership I felt as I pulled into my driveway each day. The view as I pull into our driveway!
In February we celebrated my birthday and Valentine's Day. We also attended Challenge Youth Conference in Gatlinburg, TN! Here we are at the Sweetheart Banquet at church!

March I contemplated buying a new computer, tried to sew, and had a lot of bills. March was not finacially fun, but we always seem to recieve a blessing in each hard situation. March's bills included paying Budget (from where Daniel wrecked the moving van into the church), the Mustang's breaks and two new tires, and a broken air conditioner! However, our family showed their love by purchasing us a window unit until we settled with our warranty company for the outside unit to be replaced!

April was celebrated as we finally recieved a new air conditioning unit after months of no luck and a trip to Atlanta for Lads to Leaders! We also took a quick trip to the beach with my parents after Lads! We went to the Naval Museum in Pensacola while on our quick trip to the beach!

May was full of flowers, cookies, and a haircut for Tipin! I also purchased my new computer I had been contemplating in March! Most importantly, I recieved tenure in Blount County Schools! Here are the flowers we planted!

June was full of youth activities as Daniel traveled to Kentucky for Youth Campaign, wrangled help for VBS, and I enjoyed much alone time as Daniel traveled. I also attended AMSTI training at North Jefferson Middle School. My favorite part was on June 11th I had lasik! No. more. glasses. ever! Here is the wall from VBS... the theme was "THE WALL" as we studied Biblical stories about differnt walls! July was welcome with a short, 60-hour trip to Gatlinburg to celebrate our Anniversary! Daniel attended his first week at Maywood while I enjoyed a trip with my parents to the beach (for ten days!) Here we are in Gatlinburg.. this photo was actually our Christmas card's main picture this year too!
August signaled the return of normalcy as I went back to work from a 2 month vacation. This year was a much great start to school as I had an energy lift with my tenure letter! It's nice to know they want you bad enough they are going to keep you forever! We celebrated Daniel's birthday with a trip to see the Atlanta Braves play baseball with the College and Career group from church! I also got the opportunity to start working with one of my close friends from high school, Kassie.

However, September was a simple month with no major trips, plans, or tragedies. We did purchase a new couch and chair off of Craigslist! Well, new to us!

October came and went as I decorated the house for Halloween, but we never got around to carving a pumpkin this year! I did discover the wonderful world of cowboy boots.

November was fun as a celebrated Thanksgiving with friends and family. We also prepared to welcome the Christmas season to come! I painted a picture at Sips 'n Strokes the day after the Auburn/Alabama game!
December was full of trips, family, and friends. While Daniel attended Exposure the first part of the week after Christmas, I was enjoying the shore with my parents! We also had our friends over for a little Christmas fun! Here we are celebrating Christmas at Tonya and David's house (well the girls were celebrating, the men were talking :)

Please excuse some of the photos as they were taken with my camera on my phone and are not good quality. I hope you enjoy seeing where life has taken us the past twelve months! Love you all... more about 2010 later!

1 comment:

Granna said...

Great year in summary. I enjoyed it.