Tuesday, January 5, 2010

More about 2010...

Each month I am trying to reach one new goal. In January each day I am attempting to be in the bed by 9:30. Sounds simple, and so far it has been. This seems childish, but I am so bad to get busy on a task and not stop until it is finished. So, sometimes I didn't go to bed until midnight or later even when I had to work the next day. I can already see a difference as my body is use to a consistent bedtime. I am sure as the year goes on I will ease up on this some. However, my goal is to even be in the bed at 9:30 on Friday nights! I will probably watch a movie, but at least I will begin to wind down. No more 1 and 2 AM sessions on Friday nights which means no more sleeping until 3 on Saturday afternoon. I will start a new goal in February while continuing my bedtime goal. I am still contemplating what goal this may be, but whatever the goal, if it works great, if not it's alright too. Any suggestions?

Among other goals I am trying to send 1 hand written letter each week, organize 1 area each week (closet, chest of drawers, cabinet), read 4 books this year, and have 1 group of people in my house for dinner each month. These are not definite things, but things I want to improve. If I miss a week or month, I am not going to stress about it!

I have started trying to eat more fruit instead of Reese's and drink milk instead of coke. This is an ongoing project with myself though. Anytime is a good time to take better care of your body. I try to make 1 choice each day that will better impact my body. Seems managable to me!

No comments: