Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Moving on...

As school comes to a close, I cannot help but be excited about the 2 carefree summer months to come! However, I have grown attached to my 3 classes of eighth graders! I'm going to miss them so much. For the most part, they are extremely well behaved and so smart! I know I will PROBABLY feel the same way about the kids I have next year, and I have already started building relationships with them by interacting with them between classes. As I reflect on this year, I have three goals to help improve my teaching for next year. First, I hope to be more consisted with grading. Such as all homework is worth 25 points, quizzes worth 50, and tests worth 100. This year I based it off of the length and difficulty of the assignment. Secondly, I want to become more organized and plan ahead more. I'd like to make out my tests before I start teaching that chapter. Thirdly, I am going to integrate technology in the classroom more. My projector was installed today, and I believe it will increase student engagement and decrease teacher workload! For all you educators out there, what do you think would help me be a more efficient teacher!? Share your expertise, please!

1 comment:

Emily said...

I pray the best for your future!