Monday, August 25, 2008

Our last day at Glencoe...

We have been blessed to become a part of Glencoe church of Christ over the last two years. We've gained friends that will last a lifetime and beyond. Sharon, the preacher's wife, has become a dear friend of mine. She's always there to lend a helping hand or listening ear when something bugging me. Her advice is the best, and I will miss her terribly. I have no doubt she will be on my speed dial as we enter our new journey with Roebuck. No matter the situation, she always has a solution- a Christian solution. And she's willing to listen to my fussing when I don't want a "Christian solution." She gave me a sign that said "Sit long, talk much, and laugh often" yesterday. When we get together, that's exactly what we do! I always think of her when I see Splenda because our husbands harass us for "slipping" a few Splenda's into our purse when we eat out somewhere nice!! They say it's stealing! Nonetheless, it's now become a game. She loves Olive Garden's tall skinny packs of Splenda, and we're planning an Olive Garden trip SOON to sneak some Splenda! Well, now that I've shared my ramblings, I hope you give your 'Sharon' a hug next time you see him/her!! Friends are definitely a great blessing!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Good luck in the next chapter of your life! Enjoy it!