Friday, August 29, 2008

On my mind..

No, Georgia's not on my mind, but I have a student at school that has just touched my heart. I know of their home life situation and it's not terrible, but I know it could be much more. I can usually accept life and understand that there's nothing I can do about certain situations and move on. This particular situation has been on my mind since about last Wednesday, and I cannot quit thinking about the situation. This child is absolutely amazing; their potential is beyond anything words can describe. However, there is little guidance in the home. The child had the perfect life and it all fell apart before his/her eyes. As a teacher, it is my responsibility to prepare them for what is to come, but this child has experience the worst of the worsts. There isn't much more I can prepare them for; they've experience things I won't experience for years to come. I strive to make school as special and enjoyable as possible for them, but that only goes so far. Please pray for this individual as God knows who they are. If there is anything I can do to help, pray that I will take full advantage of that opportunity and realize it as soon as possible.

No comments: