Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cookin' up Trouble...

As most of you know Daniel is the 'primary' cook around our house. O.kay. Let me rephrase that more appropriately Daniel is the 'sole' cook around our house. So, one of my New Year's Resolutions was to use my love of crafts and creativeness to help him out in that regard. So, that means getting creative in the kitchen. Now, I still strongly despise, rather hate, raw meat. We are working on that minor gliche in the system.

Monday while out gallavanting I spotted a KitchenAide mixer for $65!! I was estatic, but I hdad to get the master chef to inspect it. He looked at it and seemed kind of unsure. I could tell he was excited but didn't want to spend the money. So, I bought it for us for my birthday! So, we now own a KitchenAide mixer. Granted, its an antique. To be honest, I'd rather have an antique mixer than a new one. It's got probably got history. Ha. To look at it, you can't even tell it's not brand new. They haven't changed anything on these things in forever!! Nonetheless, if I'm gonna pay for it with my birthday monday, I decided it must earn it's keep. It didn't come with a whisk; I spent the better part of Monday night trying to locate a whisk in Trussville. No such luck. Most of these machines come with one when purchased. So, no one sells them. It must be ordered off the internet. We have a 'plan' to use one until we order ours.

Now off my rabbit trail and back on the original topic, I have been dying to make REAL cookies! However, with no whisk attachment, we had to cheat and make Betty Crocker easy bakers kind. NONETHELESS, last night we made cookies! Daniel doesn't quiet trust me in the kitchen by myself or I get frustrated before it's over and quit, so 'we' together made cookies!

Tonight, I wanted to make something interesting. Now, we eat at church on Wednesday nights so I could cook all I wanted but no one was going to eat it. So, we prepared for tomorrow's dinner by making Pinneapple Salsa and marinating the chicken. For the salsa, we threw out the onion and jalepeno, but added fresh orange juice (about 1/4 of the actual orange). We also swapped the lime juice for lemon juice. For the marinade, we did include a chopped jalepeno for flavor. I will update tomorrow for the final outcome!

Have you ever tried Pinneapple Salsa!? What'd you think of it? I'd like to try Peach Salsa. Got a good recipe!?

No comments: