Saturday, June 11, 2011

One Month...

Hallie Kate,

I cannot believe it has been a month since you were born! We have both learned a lot!

Here's what you are up to:
  • You eat about 3-5 oz about every 3 hours. At night you will go four to five hours before you wake up the first time. You seem to eat more when you are awake, but that makes sense. I do too!
  • You sleep a lot! Bedtime/bathtime is about 9. Mommy is usually in the bed by 11 because somebody has to do the dishes!
  • You will wake up to eat but keep sleeping until 11 or 11:30 AM. You cannot deny your parents. Our family LOVES to sleep late. I think this is my favorite quality about you. I can't wait to sleep in on Saturday mornings with you as you get older!
  • You sleep in your portable bassinet, but we did let you sleep in your crib during the day last week. You stayed asleep for about 2 hours. I was excited.
  • We still don't go to church on Sunday ornings. (That many people in one place near you makes Mommy nervous.) However, we go just about anywhere else we would normally go. Mornings are hard on both of us though so most of our outings tend to be after lunch. Like I said we like to sleep late!
  • You can hold your head up and often exercise this ability when we are burping you. I keep waiting on the day you head butt me.
  • You can stink up a room with a dirty diaper. I had my first gag-worthy diaper this week
  • You love the water to be poured over your face during bath time.
  • Your feet are so stinkin' long and skinny. You are hard to put socks on. We currently have 2 pair that fit- they are exactly alike!
  • Daddy says you grow up everyday. I agree! You seem to change so much everyday.
  • You only take the cheapo Gerber bottles. I registered for Dr. Brown's Pediatrician recommended bottles; you wanted nothing to do with them. They apparently take effort to get the milk out of. You are a lazy eater!
  • You have bumps on your face, and I can't figure out what's causing it. Hopefully, they will go away soon. I feel so bad for you because they have to itch or hurt.
  • You have learned to tolerate your car seat much better now. Mommy's nerves really like this!
  • You still wear Newborn diapers but could probably wear size 1 as well.
  • Daddy always calls you his 'girlfriend!' I think it is adorable!
  • You love to lay on DaddyBoy's chest and talk to Nona!
Your 1 month stats:
Length: 22 inches - 90 percentile
Weight: 9 lbs 5 inches - 50 percentile
Head circumference: 15 inches - 90 percentile

You have your Daddy's head!

We love so much and are so proud to call you our daughter. You are such a joy!

Love always,
Mommy





No comments: