Thursday, June 23, 2011

Six Weeks Old...





Baby Girl,
You are such a joy! I love you more and more everyday. I am working on your Shutterfly Book for your First Year, and I am already at awe at how fast you are growing. I want to talk to you and hear your voice and opinions, but I want you to always be my baby. I cannot imagine life without you!

You go to bed about 10 PM and sleep until about 9 AM. You have become a little traveler the past week. We went on youth campaign in Hattiesburg, MS for a few days and then came to the beach with Nonny and Poppy. You are such a trooper and just go with the flow. You only cry if something is wrong. However, you usually get fussy about 2 PM and want help going to sleep. This just usually means swaddling you and holding your paci in your mouth cause you tend to spit it out. I started swaddling you last Thursday (5 weeks old), and you started sleeping from 10 PM to 5:30 AM. Mommy loves the extra sleep. You still sleep in your bassinet, wear 0-3 month clothes mostly, but you did move up to size 1 diapers today. They give you a little extra room.

I can rub the bottle against your top gum and you smile! I also got my first 'series' of smiles yesterday from talking to you! So, I counted that as your first smile from knowing who I was because I could get you to do it again by talking to you! You also smile when I sing "Hard Fighting Soldier" to you! Your smile absolutely makes my heart melt!

You have outgrown getting the hiccups all the time, but we do get them sometimes. I usually have to let you cry to get rid of them or they just come back later in the day. I hate to hear you cry, but it just keeps you from getting frustrated all day with them!

I swaddled you in your car seat on the way to Hattiesburg, and you slept until 4 that afternoon and still slept that night. You love to be swaddled in your car seat! I just have to make sure you don't get too hot and keep the air on high. This means I freeze in the car, but I don't mind at all! When we get home you will have gone a week without seeing Daddy. He misses you so much! I know he won't be able to believe how much you've grown in a short week. A week use to seem like such a long time, but now it goes by so fast!

You eat 3-4 ounces every 2-3 hours during the day. Sometimes you'll eat 5 ounces but at night you only eat 2-3. I think you are so sleepy you just want enough food to get you by- you'd rather sleep! You tend to cat nap during the day, but you do take one good nap for about 2 hours usually. I let you go with the flow during the day but try my hardest to stick to a bedtime.

You are so loved Baby Girl! I can't wait to see you turn into a wonderful Christian lady, but in the meantime I'll enjoy every second of your adorableness!

Love always,
Mommy

No comments: