Friday, August 24, 2007

Eventful Day

Well, it has been a while since I updated. However, I now have internet at school; maybe I'll be able to update more often now!!

Straight line winds went trough Cleveland today (where my dad is principal) today and caused damage and tree fallage in the area. He has water in the school and help the students until 4; he was even on Channel 13 news!! I was excited. Luckily, no one was hurt and there was no major damage to the school.

He is also in the process of moving a teacher from fourth grade to third grade and that causes a lot of stress. The move takes place on Monday, so the day was already crazy for him before that. I'm just glad nothing terrible happened with the wind damage.

My classes are going better except for the study hall. I don't give grades in this class, so I can only do so much punishing. I hate all the chitter chatter during that period. They are SO loud. IF you have ANY ideas for me, please.... HELP!!

I gave my first test this week, and the kids did really well!! I was proud. It means I did somethin right! Whoop!

Hannah's birthday was yesterday, and I miss her cute smile so much!! I hope she had a greattttt day.

Tomorrow we are going to Hoover's youth day with Polishing the Pulpit. I'm excited!!

Have a great weekend. Maybe it wont take so long to update next time!!

1 comment:

Granna said...

Call the parents. If you have a phone in class- call right then- If your cell phone works, use it. You will only have to call one parent- the rest of them will shut up.
Also, pull them aside somewhere other than that class and tell them that you know what great potential they have, yoddy, yoddy, yoddy, and what leadership skills they have, yodda, yodda, yodda, and that you need them to use it in a positive way.
You may have to make an example out of one of them, for certain. I still find the fear of calling home works- call them on their job if you have to- tell them you are on your job and you can't do it because of their child if they complain about being called at work. BE STRONG- I have almost always been in a situation where I did not give grades, and it puts you at a disadvantage, for certain. Whatever you do, try to handle it yourself without turning it over to the administration. If you can do that, then it keeps the ball in your court.
I know you will do great.