Sunday, August 12, 2007

So, now I understand the true work it takes to teach a young mind. This week has been nothing but pure chaos. My typical day begins about 5:30 AM. I wake up before Lowe's opens!!!! That's just wrong. Nonetheless, I get a shower and leave the house by about 6:20. It takes about an hour to get to LF. Homeroom starts about 7:30, and I have a first period prep. We are still on the old 7 periods a day schedule. 2nd period I have 8th grade math with about 30 kids. Third and fourth periods are 10th and 11th grade classes. One is grad exam review, and the other is an algebra class. Fourth and fifth periods are 8th grade math classes. Finally, I have an old fashioned study hall. It's tiring but the day goes by SOOO fast! I like my job, but have to start implementing more procedures tomorrow. I think it will be better for everybody. The people I work with are amazing, and the kids are hilarious.

Sorry, I haven't updated, but I have been absolutely exhausted by 7 at night these days. I sleep more than I did this summer it seems! Haha. I don't have internet in my classroom at school, so when I get it, I will be able to update quickly at school sometimes. I went to Chattanooga to a Ladie's Day at Rossville church of Christ yesterday and to Blessing church of Christ for a youth devo tonight. Four kids went with us tonight and had a blast!

4 comments:

Paul said...

That's no excuse for not updating, Mandi!

JK.

Granna said...

The first year I taught, I would come home and "die"- I was exhausted. It gets better!

Emily said...

It really does get better! Hang in there, you will eventually get used to being completely exhausted every evening, round about 7. Old people don't even go to bed that early! :)

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

Hello Mandi I am happy thing's are going well for you these day's in school. My nephew Adam Chase Lother goes to school where you teach. I don't know if you know him are not. Well take care and May God Bless you both. Phyllis