Saturday, January 12, 2008

New Year Ramblings

I hope everyone has had a Happy New Year so far!! We enjoyed the first week of the year lounging around the house and sleeping late everyday; however, all good things must come to an end as I started back to work on Monday. So far the kids have been pretty well behaved. I've been much more patient with their mischievous endeavors and curious questions this week than I was before our vacation. I actually have to admit I missed them during Christmas Break; well, at least some of them (the good ones). Hehe. Today has been solely devoted to nap taking. I have become quite the homebody in my "old" age. I opted to stay in and enjoy a home cooked meal rather than eat out tonight. (I must admit I didn't cook nor clean the kitchen after the meal though. That might have something to do with my decision.) However, we are planning an afternoon outing tomorrow to go to Applebee's and Sam's Club. We'll see where else we end up on our afternoon escapade.


I found this interesting item on eBay's main page while browsing for a shower curtain. This kinda' stuff is what makes me "tick". My dream job would include some kind of "toy" such as this. It is a concept commuter plane; the idea is to be able to drive it like a car, fly it like a plane, or drive it like a boat. The original idea also included a vertical take off. So, if you were sitting at a red light, you would be able to just lift up and fly over all the traffic. The idea was never completed, and it isn't safe to fly it. It's still a neat idea!


Think I'm a geek? Perhaps it's true, and that's quite alright with me. One simple question left though: What's that make Daniel? The beauty? Hehe!

1 comment:

David Courington said...

The beauty and the geek? Oh, that is bad. How about
The "Geek" and the "Freak"

I will leave it up to the 2 of you to decide which one is which. Really now, I love both of you guys, so maybe is should be
"Fine" and "Divine" or something.