Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Air conditioner anyone?

Well, this week has not been the best (financially) speaking. We received a bill from Budget (when Daniel ran the rental truck into the church and put a whole in the roof of the truck not the mention the building) with a total of $1051, the breaks on the 'Stang are kaput, the air conditioner's compressor went out in our new house (but we do have a home warranty!! WOO HOO), and our tags are due for renewal. OUCH!

But to focus on the good things.
After living in a 78 degree house for 2 days, I think Mom could see the stress on our faces after several sleepless nights. So.. what else would she do? She bought us a window unit and told me to go pick it up! We didn't even have to ask for it!

Daniel and I have always had a good relationship with each of our parents. I am so thankful that in a time of need I have people there to help. (Not that this was a crisis or anything, but it's nice to know that people care enough to help without even being asked!)


Who knew something so simple as a window air conditioner could make you realize how blessed you truly are! Each time I look at the new a/c in our window, I will smile a simple smile of gratitude for a lesson taught without a single request being spoken. Thanks, Mom!

1 comment:

Granna said...

So nice to be loved!