Thursday, March 5, 2009

The old and the new...

I have had my laptop since I was a junior in high school. It hasn't been that long, but it's definitely getting time for a one. I wasn't wanting to fork over more than I had to for this new device. I basically just use the computer to surf the web, blog, and type on word.


So, here's my solution: A NETBOOK! It's a wimpy laptop basically. But the price tag is unbeatable! It's a 9" Dell Mini. The total bill with an extended warranty will be around $260. Don't get me wrong, thats a pretty penny. (Or 2 full days worth of work in my mind.) But, I've been saving birthday and christmas gifts (cash) for years.
I guess that would mean several of you would have 'stock' in my laptop since that's my means of payment! Ha.

Nonetheless, it's amazing where technology has come in the last few years! I'm still reluctantly hoping my old computer will magically cure itself and I can keep my money. (It currently takes 25-45 minutes to load one photo onto blogger usingmy old laptop.) I'll let you know the final verdict. But if I purchase a computer, this one is top on my list!

1 comment:

Granna said...

Cool piece of technology.
Missing you!