Monday, February 21, 2011

Coming Home Dress...

I've been without internet at school for several weeks. So, any time I get on the internet is spent doing productive things. So, time for baby news!!

Coming Home Dress

Feel free to vote! Not that I promise your opinion will make the final decision...

Daniel really wanted Hallie to wear something Auburn/Auburn-ish because I had mentioned in passing I might just let her wear Auburn pajamas home. I've since decided she needs something more adorable than pajamas. Honestly, I didn't think I'd care that much, but the closer it gets to bringing her home the more sentimental I become. Also, I want her to know how excited we were and how much preparation went into her coming home so she needs a special outfit- more special than pajamas we just picked out on a whim.

Here are our compromises. They will all be monogrammed (in the color of the bow). We are going to order a 3-6 month so it will be more like a gown when she is a newborn- in my opinion making it a little more fancy. She'll be able to wear it home from the hospital because it is adjustable due to the tie-able bow, during her first football season (when she is 3-6 months old), and her second football season as a shirt with a pair of jeans (when is 15-18 months old). I plan to hang it in her nursery on a hook so we can remember the special day we brought her home!

All dresses are property of and can be purchased via

Option 1: Orange polka dots with blue ribbon

Option 2: Blue polka dots with orange ribbon (shows a monogram)
Option 3: Blue zebra/tiger print with orange bow

Option 4: Orange paisley with blue bow



5 comments:

Granna said...

So cute...I like #2

Emily said...

I agree with Granna! You can make it yourself! It is so easy! I made Enoch's coming home outfit in a 3-6 month and he is wearing now, in fact, he wore it to church yesterday! I like how you want to use it for yrs! It will be adorable at every stage you mentioned! Good luck! Hallie is a lucky girl!

Unknown said...

I like number 4 :)

Unknown said...

I like #4!!

Dale's Spot said...

Got anything in a Crimson color?