Monday, February 28, 2011

Registering for Little Miss...

So, I had been told how much fun it was to register for items for baby girl. I did enjoy it, but I have never felt so out of place before. I had NO idea what I needed not to mention what I wanted. Here are a few highlights...

We registered at Babies R' Us on a Friday night in February... just Daniel and I. We laughed until our stomaches hurt because he'd ask me do we need this? Before he could finish his sentence I was interrupting him with the same question.

Most of what we chose came from the following type of conversation.

FYI: Kim is Daniel's sister. Katie is married to his brother. Both are stay at home Mommies with more than one baby.

Me: What bottles do we need?
Daniel: I don't know.
Me: Kim used Dr. Brown.
Daniel: We need Dr. Brown bottles, I guess.
Me: Katie used them too.
Daniel: Here scan the triple pack then.

Just for record sake here are each of our top picks:

A stuffed version of Noah's Ark... I guess it is the preacher's wife in me, but I adore this toy. I thought, "It's a church legal toy cause it teaches about the Bible!" How fun for those weekend youth trips we'll be going on!! And you can store all the animals inside the ark, makes a organizing concerned Mom happy too :)
I feel in L.O.V.E with this mobile. It matches her bedding and is so girly.
What Daddy picked out for the princess: (Daniel's list)

Daniel is infatuated with this turtle that casts a 'starry sky' onto the ceiling through Mr. Turtle's back. I have to admit it is awfully cute :)
Daniel came around the corner while I was investigating bottles with this robe and said, "scan this, its cute." My heart melted :)
He picked out these bibs because it said it helps prevent rashes. Is there truth to that, I don't know, but he even picked out the pink color. I was a sucker for anything pink he picked out. :) And what a thoughtful, Daddy he is! He even said to scan it twice.


2 comments:

Granna said...

Can't wait to meet Miss Hallie. I know she will be a sweet, beautiful baby and we will all love her to pieces.

Unknown said...

love the noah's ark! the turtle is pretty cute. and i love pooh!! so the robe is super awesome!!!
Melissa