Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Classroom Chaos

I've been trying to update daily here lately, but I slacked yesterday. I know school will be starting soon, and I hope to continue with my daily updates. However, we'll see in a few weeks. Speaking of school, we worked in my classroom for a while today. But let me start at the beginning...

This morning when I woke up, I called the assistant principal at Locust Fork and asked if I could work in my room for a while. It was no problem so we headed that way. I already knew that my room was the old "junk room" meaning that there was TONS of junk in there. Being optimistic, I thought they might have moved some of the items out of the room over the summer. WRONG! My principals didn't realize how much stuff really was in that room. At first I was pretty much left to move it ALONE with the janitors.

The janitors weren't too thrilled with my arrival because the principal asked them to come help me. Unfortunately, it was almost three o'clock, and they were going home at three regardless of my situation. The janitors actually told me to go home and come back the following day!! Needless to say, my principal did not like this idea!

Enter principals help moving stuff!

The principals and I moved over 50 humongous monitors and 10 computers into the hallway. But after that, I was then left with a room full of broken desks and various unwanted items to move alone again.

Enter Daniel and Daddy. Yay!

So, Daddy, Daniel and I started moving desks and climbing over mountains of STUFF. Only difficulty, where do we put the extra 20 desks, extra filing cabinet and three broken chairs? So we go on a mad hunt to figure out where to put this extra stuff!! It all ended up In the hallway! *hehe* Of course I asked permission before I did this though.

Enter Mom.

Finally, the four of us began the cleaning process and organization process of just a normal classroom! This is a task in and of itself when it's your first year at a school!!

We worked for a good 4 hours total, and then went to eat at Konomi in Trussville! Let's just say, we bought Mom and Dad's supper for all their help and we still owe them! Thanks everyone for all your help! My room now looks as good as it can considering. I am getting a new paint job, new desk, new computer, and my floor waxed soon! *yay!!!!* I hope it gets better each year, but at least I won't have to clean out the junk every year. I think I'd rather move every year!!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Sounds a lot like Pam's classroom last year when she started moving in! Good luck! Once you get it the way you like it, starting the school year will not be so stressful. By the way, Konomi's is a very tasty restaurant!