Monday, July 16, 2007

Faculty Retreat

I checked the mail tonight after our Movie Night at church with the youth, and I had a letter in it from a teacher at Locust Fork. The letter was to inform me of a faculty retreat next Wednesday-Friday. I was so excited. I am looking forward to my job, and this is a great opportunity to get to know everyone. LF is piloting a program called Project Community. The basis of the program is to provide locally relevant, hands-on learning opportunities for our students. While we're there we will get to go fly fishing and tour an 1820s farmhouse, and everything is paid for!! (The picture at the top is the house we'll get to tour!) We will attend conferences during the day and get CEU's for the workshops we attend. I will be sure to take pictures and post them when I get back!! Meanwhile, the website for where we'll be having our meetings and doing activities is: http://www.alabamawildlife.org/lanark.asp

No comments: