Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Flying Rabbits?

With Easter right around the corner, I thought this story was quite fitting for the time of year. It actually happened; I promise.

As we were driving home from Birmingham late Tuesday night, I was groggily sitting in the passenger seat. Out of the corner of my eye I saw something moving across the road in front of us; I shrilled, "DON'T HIT IT!" As Daniel slammed on the breaks and came to a complete stop in the road, so did the creature who was once running across the road. It was a little rabbit. At this point, everyone was at a complete stand still in the road looking at each other (us and the bunny). Daniel and I were sitting in complete silence to see what happened next. Nothing happened for a couple of seconds; so, Daniel honked the horn. That rabbit jumped 4 or 5 feet straight up in the air with his back legs behind him. We both laughed so hard we cried. We must have scared that poor rabbit beyond words. I cannot do the situation justice without you being there; however, it's worth sharing! In the end the rabbit made it safely back into his woodland, and we made it safely home after a wonderful evening with family.

1 comment:

David Courington said...

One wonders why bunnies always think that they have the right of way? I will never forget the time I went with Mary to drive our new Dodge van and she hit 2 of them and dodged another one within one mile of our house. She was a wreck by the time we got back. My rabbit policy is:
"Bunnies will have to look out for themselves."
Their reflexes are quicker than mine.