Monday, March 24, 2008

What does Spring mean to you?

I am back at work after a wonderful week of relaxing. I definitely was not ready to come back; it was a wonderful taste of the carefree summer months to come. This morning, I was in desperate need of a spirit boost; so, what better motivation than quotes about the beautiful Spring flowers to come! March 20 was the first day of Spring, and it's already freezing cold outside again! So, perhaps the quotes below will bring a "warm" smile to your face. Oh, and how true the statements are:

  • If we had no winter, the spring would not be so pleasant; if we did not sometimes taste of adversity, prosperity would not be so welcome. ~Anne Bradstreet

  • April hath put a spirit of youth in everything. ~William Shakespeare

  • The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another. The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month. ~Henry Van Dyke

  • The sun was warm but the wind was chill.You know how it is with an April day.~Robert Frost


I love watching the seasons change. I feel as if I am special enough to witness God's handywork first hand so to say. However, Fall and Spring are my favorite time changes because He is most evident during those seasons. I love watching the leaves change colors in Fall, but Spring makes Autumn possible. Without Spring, there would be no leaves to change colors in October. So, in the Spring I love watching the unexpected dandylion's pop up wherever possible, and the intentional flower beds grow each into mature flowers. I love to watch to world around me almost come to life! The blue sky has a distinct color blue that is only visible during the Spring months. It seems a deeper blue if you mind me. I guess I love everything about this world no matter what season. I love my family and friends. So, I can hardly imagine how it can get much better than my life now. However, I rely on my faith to ensure that it can and will! Heaven will be oh so sweet I know. I truly can't wait to get there, but in the meantime, I'll enjoy this life and all it has to offer season in and season out!!

No comments: