Thursday, March 13, 2008

Who's the abnormal one?

I have thought my entire life, that sun light can make any one sneeze. I just thought it was normal. When I walk out of a dark or dim room and into the sunlight, I sneeze. FYI: Usually I sneeze three big, dry sneezes. My Mom also experiences sneezing in the sunlight. If I cannot sneeze and glance at a bright light, it makes me sneeze. However, Daniel, for his entire life, never realized that the sun can cause sneezing. He thinks I'm absolutely bonkers. We need your opinions; so, be sure to leave a comment!

If you Google "sun makes sneeze" and read some of the articles, you'll find about 1/4 or 25% of the population experiences this genetic quirk. It's called Reflexive Sneezing, Photic Sneeze Syndrome, or ACHOO Syndrome. It could be caused by close association between the eye’s optic nerve and nerves causing the sneeze reflex.

Do some research and make your own conclusion as to why! Be sure to let me know what you think!!!

3 comments:

Alissa and Brody Silly Nanna said...

I sneeze when I look at the sunshine quite often so that is not different. So people like Daniel are just strange.

Unknown said...

Well, I think you are both "abnormal" but "normal" is pretty boring!!! Love you both!

Daniel Courington said...

Since I get a vote=== You're Bonkers!