Sunday, January 23, 2011

Our weekend...

Thursday night Daniel put the old green golf cart on Craiglist for sale.  Within 18 hours we had multiple interested calls and cash in our hand!  We sold it for $1250 even though it blue booked for $1900 in fair condition.  So, Friday afternoon started with us going to meet strangers to exchange a car for cash.  I was a bit freaked out but luckily no one knocked us over the head and robbed us.  (Pardon the pictures, they are mostly for memory sake years down the road.)


After we sold the car (and deposited our money safely in the bank so I'd quit freaking out about someone following us and trying to rob us), we headed to Levi's 6th birthday party!

The Birthday Boy

Looks like they are discussing the cutting of the cake...

This is Jaiden after she discovered a piece of cake left within reach of a toddler...
 it was the highlight of the night!

Saturday was a lazy day.  I must admit I did nothing productive, but I did sleep.  So, I'm sure Hallie enjoyed the rest.  

Sunday was a crazy day!  Daniel met with the elders at 8:15 as he does every third Sunday morning.  Daniel also preached this morning.  He then introduced the year's theme, Getting REAL with the Family.  The church has a series of weekend seminars, summer series lessons, quarterly Bible class classes, and sermons bi-weekly to help improve the family.  Following services this morning, we were graciously invited over to an elder's house for a spaghetti lunch.  We then had to be back at church for Lads all afternoon.  I got to work with my speech girls.  Following services tonight, we ate with some friends from church and worked on the basement for a little while.  


2 comments:

Granna said...

I'm enjoying the renewed blogging!

Mandi said...

Thanks! I decided to document life before the little one gets here so she can see what happened while we were preparing for her!