Wednesday, January 19, 2011

What I'm Loving Wednesday


I love that I got an extra week off of school due to ice and snow in the area last week.  I hate that we have to make up those days, but I loved spending time at home with the hubby!! Monday I organized my closet and got rid of about 4 garbage bags of clothes.  This is all an effort for Hallie to have her own room without my junk in the way!  The rest of the week was spent sleeping and lounging around.

This is our yard and driveway still iced over on Friday.  The snow moved in on Sunday afternoon.  We didn't leave the house until Thursday.
(Excuse the black box over our car tag.  I blacked it out for safety reasons.)

I am loving that we found out after a special ultrasound for Hallie's heart that everything is great! They thought she might have an arythmatic heart beat, but the top of her heart was just beating extra.  It worked itself out in a matter of four days.  We couldn't be more excited all is well.

I'm loving local consignment shops!!  After the ultra sound, I hit up some local consignment shops in Birmingham.  I found a treasure!! Wee-Peat on Hwy 280 next to Dale's Southern Grill is awesome!! I found a Chico car seat base (where the car seat just clicks in and out) for $18!  They retail for about $85 so I was thrilled with my purchase.
I love the thoughtfulness of my friends!  I got to rummage through the Church Maternity clothes.  We have a collection that is passed around to whoever is currently pregnant.  I found some great sweaters.  I also have more than three pair of pants to wear now!!


I am also loving the great getaway trip we had to Savannah, TN for Evangelism University this past weekend.  The theme was Increase.  Daniel taught a class for Dale Jenkins who had to cancel just a couple weeks before EU.  We went up on Friday night and came home on Sunday.  Our host family, The Hollis', were so gracious and thoughtful!  However, my favorite part of the trip was eating at Bell's and seeing Alex Saturday night!
Daniel and I laughing about our struggle on the 3/4 size bed in the room with the grandfather clock!

 Alex and I

 Our wonderful host, Wanda, and her grandson, Cody

No comments: