Tuesday, January 18, 2011

24 Weeks...

How far along? 24 weeks

How big is baby? 1 pound 4 ounces (as of our ultrasound yesterday)

Gender? Girl- Hallie Kate

Weight gain? 7 pounds (I lost eight pounds this past summer; so, I'm almost where I was in May 2010.)

Maternity Clothes? I wore them for the first time the Saturday before Christmas.  I now wear them everyday.  I have some awesome friends who loaned me about 7 pair of pants and 10 shirts.  I own three pair of pants and two shirts.  Most of my own sweaters still fit.

What I miss? Sleeping on my tummy, moving things without being told "you better be careful", having the stamina to walk more than 50 feet without huffing and puffing

Symptoms? My stomach feels stretched beyond belief, Low Blood Sugar, Moments of 'If I don't eat now, I will die' (Daniel and I joke about a hungry pregnant monster living in our house when I get these moments because I will literally eat anything in sight!), Waking up at random times during the night  (Possibly preparing to be up at weird times during the night with Hallie?)

Food cravings? Fruit, Water with Lime, Sobe Life Water Yumberry Pomegranate, Poptarts for breakfast, and Kitkats

Sleep? I prefer to sleep on my right side with my left knee supporting the weight of my shoulder.  My stomach doesn't touch the bed this way, but it scares me when I wake up like this.

Movement? Every time they do an ultrasound she kicks the wand, and they also comment on how active she is during the ultrasound.  I don't seem to feel her that much though.  I love the very clear 'thumps' about 5 times a day!  I haven't been able to figure out her sleep schedule, but there will be plenty of time for that when she gets here ;)

What I am looking forward to? Getting her room ready for a crib.  I am a long way from there still though.

Pregnancy moments with Daniel: 

When I loose my temper the following conversation occurs:
Daniel: Are you hungry?
Me: Yes
Daniel: What would you like to eat?
Me: Anything.
Daniel: That's not true.  How about ______?
Me: That's fine.
--Following food entering my body--
Me: I'm sorry.  My blood sugar got low.
Daniel: Its okay, and I knew an hour ago you were hungry.

Best Moment This Week: Everything about yesterday! We had to go for a special ultrasound because there was a little concern with her heart at our last anatomy scan.  However, everything was great yesterday. I have seen her twice in the last five days! I spent the afternoon going to local consignment shops with my Mom yesterday; that was a blast. 

Belly Photo:


Random thought:  Yesterday was the first time she wasn't folded in half during an ultrasound.  She is normally kicking herself in the head.  However, yesterday she was straightened out!  Maybe next time we have an ultrasound we can get an estimatate on how long she is.

No comments: