Friday, January 28, 2011

A week in the life...

Our week has been a bit unusual, but it seems that our lives are unusual.  So, perhaps that would mean it's been a normal week?  I would be bored with my life if my husband worked a 9-5 job.  I wouldn't ever ask will you be home this week or are you going to spend the night away from home overnight?  Will you be home Saturday during the day? What night(s) will you be able to eat dinner with me?  For some unknown reason, my husband always has some event that requires he be gone over night each month: board meetings, preparation trips, and random/various events.  I'm not a fan of these overnight adventures, but I do understand it helps him cope with the stress of various events and plan for future events better.

Sunday... Daniel met with the elders and preached about this year's theme during the am service.  Following morning services we ate lunch with an elder and his wife at their home.  We then returned to church at 1 for Lads to Leaders events all afternoon.  I did girls speech and then headed home to crash for a bit.  Daniel had an event each hour for the remainder of the afternoon.  We then had evening services, but Daniel had to track down a youth member who was MIA during services.  Following services we went to Zaxby's with several of our friends and even some of their babies came!  We then worked in the basement randomly for about an hour and took out tons of recycling!

Monday... Daniel spent the day with the Exposure Youth Camp Board at Palisades Church of Christ.  That night they spent the night at some of Roebuck's members home.  I was told that they do their best thinking late at night so this is why they decided to meet overnight.  I think they like a reason to have a sleepover ;) However, I was privileged enough to go eat dinner with them at Flip Burger!  It was delicious.

Tuesday... Tuesday morning Daniel was at the Morris' and I was at home alone.  I thoroughly enjoyed having my king sized bed to myself; however, I would rather Dan have been home :)  Tuesday night we napped and spent some time enjoying each others company.

Wednesday... Daniel works from noon to seven on Wednesday.  I had a two hour delay in the morning due to the possibility of icy road conditions.  I arrived at school and learned I was going to proctor the NAEP exam-  I had just finished two HUGE glasses of orange juice (about 45 ounces total).  So, I gave the test but made multiple bathroom trips as you can imagine.  I then had a workshop with AMSTI for the rest of the afternoon.  So, school was a breeze Wednesday!  After school and a quick nap, I ran by the pharmacy and tried to pick up my prescription for my prenatal vitamins.  I had to change to CVS in Trussville due to insurance contracts- not a happy camper about this move.  Then, my insurance would not cover my typical vitamin.  I waited at the pharmacy for quite some time until I was told to contact my insurance to find out what kind of vitamin to request from my doctor.  Following the pharmacy escapade, Daniel and I met for a quick dinner at Chick-fil-A about 6:15.  Then, off to church.  We got home about 9:15 and watched some recorded television shows.

Thursday... Daniel worked until about 5 because I had a haircut after school.  I then hit up all the thrift stores in Oneonta- don't waste your time.  I decided to try two of the local consignment shops after my miserable thrift store failures.  I enjoyed my shopping but left with only a chicken salad croissant from Miller's Soda Shoppe.  It was delightful!  I spent about two hours with my parents at their house before I headed home.  I got home about 7:15, and we headed out to a restaurant in Mt. Laurel (off of Hwy 280) where we proceeded to eat an $85 meal.  We by no means of the imagination paid that much for it.  We had a discounted promotional gift card from Groupon.com that we bought back in August or September.  Our dinner was exceptional (as it should have been for the price it would have cost without our cheapo gift card).  We finally crashed about 10:30 pm. 

Friday...  The big first day of Golden Age Banquet.  GAB is an event where our youth group honors our members over 60 by serving dinner and providing entertainment.  It is an event that has occurred at Roebuck for many years, and it looked forward to by many each year.  It is a great opportunity to teach our youth to serve others and appreciate the older members of our congregation.  They practice Friday night and Saturday during the day.  The lunch is on Sunday after AM services.  So, Daniel's evening/weekend consists of decorating and practicing with the youth group.  I have every intention of sleeping and cleaning out baby girl's room!  

I absolutely enjoy the busy lifestyle we often live, but I do hope we are able to slow down someday and enjoy our precious family.  It didn't seem this hectic as I lived this week out but after reading it it seems even more crazy!  I hope you are not bored to tears by now, but I wanted to document what a typical untypical week is like in our life! 

Oh, and we are about to make life even more insane by having a precious baby girl, Lord willing!  I have a sneaky suspicion she will just make it all the MORE enjoyable though :)  I can't wait to see life through her eyes in our craziness.

No comments: