Thursday, April 24, 2008

Why I blog...

The other day I was trying to think of something to blog about. This is a real task for me sometimes because I don't have children, dogs are only so interesting to read about, and my interest vary vastly from most people who read my blog. So, I thought, "Why do I blog anyways?"

Here are the reasons I thought of as to why I blog...
  1. I love to have "documentation" of the past. Whether it be scrapbooks, pictures, or journal entries, or blogs. When I'm 30, 40, 50, and older I will be able to look back and "remember when."
  2. I want my kids to know what I was like and what I did when "I was their age" someday!
  3. I don't want to forget the details like Addi's curls, Levi's grin, Hannah's blue eyes, and Lila's contentment.
  4. I love to keep in touch with family from Birmingham.
  5. I am shy and have a hard time saying my feelings; I guess it's easier for me to post them on the WWW and let everyone read them. Wow, that makes no sense at all! But, that's me!
  6. It's a creative outlet, and I'm defintely creative. Probably too creative at times in the sense of I always have 5 projects going on at once, but this gives me somewhere to write and daydream about anything and everything.
  7. It help me to let those that I know and love understand how much I appreciate them and all they do!
  8. Last but definitely not least, it gives me a chance to share how a Christian can live a funfilled life. Also, it gives me a chance to share the blessings I've received in my life with Christians and non-Christians alike!

Why do you blog?

2 comments:

David Courington said...

Keep it up. I enjoy it!

Granna said...

Hope you are feeling better. We love you!